Special group activities at Wirksworth
Wirksworth pool is ideal for water-based exercise and enjoyment by individuals or special groups with sensory disabilities or those rehabilitating after surgery.
The pool is available to hire for special groups or 1-2-1 sessions and our experienced team tailor instruction to meet individual needs. We can provide for example:
- Stroke recovery exercises: challenging balance, building mobility, strength and confidence.
- Sensory and play sessions (with/without music): allowing users to enjoy a water experience.
- Tailored exercises for individuals who struggle with conventional fitness levels.
- Rehabilitation exercises for individuals recovering from injury.
Our sessions can include swimming, water safety lessons, water aerobics and rehabilitation exercises.
- Our small pool is just 10 x 5 metres, with a constant depth of 1.1 metre: ideal for small groups with specific needs.
- Our water is heated to a comfortable (30-32c).
- We have easy access from changing rooms to pool.
- There is a low arousal environment: no crowds or excessive noise.
- Our small, consistent group of staff can adapt to the requirements of specific pool users.
- We have sensory and swimming toys available for use during sessions.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs. Please contact our pool manager, Fleur Fern, on 01629 825704 or email us by clicking here.
Our new extension includes disabled changing and toilet facilities which has increased our ability to accommodate disabled groups. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.